Purpose: To encourage highly qualified students within the Kent City Schools to become teachers and to provide financial assistance through the awarding of scholarships. A $1000, non-renewable, one-time scholarship will be awarded to a graduating Roosevelt Senior that best meets the criteria stated below.
Requirements for Application:
- Graduation from Kent Roosevelt High School in the year application is filed.
- Acceptance to an approved college/university of your choice.
- Declaration of Education as the major field of study.
- Completion and timely receipt of all application materials.
— You must have three (3) letters of reference. Two (2) can be current or recent Kent classroom teachers and one (1) must be a personal (non-teacher) reference, such as an employer, clergy person, neighbor, etc., but may not be a member of your immediate family.
— It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit accurately the names, email addresses and contact numbers for the people who will be providing their letter of reference. Once those names are submitted, the Scholarship Committee Chair will send an email to each identified person of reference. Those people will then submit (online) their letter of reference.
- Completion of the application form describing your background, activities, interests, and reasons for pursuing a teaching career. Before beginning the online application, you should gather the names, email addresses and contact numbers for those who will submit a letter of reference on your behalf. You will need this information in order to complete this application process. (Once you have collected everyone’s information, use the link provided (in item #5 above) to access the Application materials).
**All scholarship application materials must be submitted by 10:00 p.m. on Friday, March 26, 2021.
**It is the applicant’s responsibility to identify the people who will be completing their recommendation/reference letter AND whether those people complete their submission by the March 26 deadline.
**You will be notified soon after submission if you do not qualify for consideration for this scholarship.
If you, as the applicant, have any questions, please email the Rob Susel, KEA Scholarship Committee Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org